How to Select the Right New Home Builders in Hertfordshire
Selecting the right New Home Builders is one of the most important decisions you will make in the process of buying and building your house. Within Hertfordshire and the surrounding area, there are hundreds of firms who all claim that they are best, and it is difficult to know who to trust. At MGS Construction, we pride ourselves in the quality of the work we complete and our customer’s happiness is paramount. By following the advice below, you can find the right New Home Builders and Home Refurbishment firms that will construct your property into the home you have always dreamed of.
10 Steps to Choosing the Right New Home Builders in Hertfordshire
1. Identify what you want – Define exactly what size and kind of property you want, calculate your budget, and decide your design needs. Many firms specialise in certain types of property so you can find exactly what you are looking for.
2. Experience – Make sure the construction firm has experience in all areas as this will affect the quality of work.
3. References and case studies – Ask for references from previous customers and case studies of work complete. Follow up and see if you can have a look around a property that they have built or refurbished. Here you can pay attention to the look, feel and quality of the property to see if this is what you have in mind.
4. License and insurance – Always make sure a firm has a license to carry out the work and that they are insured.
5. Designs and ideas – Talk through your ideas and their recommendations to come up with a complete design that you are both happy with.
6. Trade involvement– Check if your firm is involved in local or national industry associations that show they are committed to what they do.
7. Property value – Find out if previous properties they build or renovated increased in value and if yours is set to.
8. Warranty – Make sure to ask whether the firm, plus the materials and items they will be using offer a warranty.
9. Maintenance – Make sure to find out how your property should be maintained once the work is complete, to keep it looking as good as new.
10. Estimate – Request an estimate to explain how long the work will take, the materials needed and how much it will cost.